Monday, October 8, 2012

She Amazes Me

Tonight I made pancakes for supper.Sometimes we like to have breakfast for supper. When I was done making the pancakes I tapped my big metal spoon against the top of the metal bowl,still half full of pancake mix,it made a loud noise.Ruby, who was sitting nearby in the entrance to the kitchen,looked up at me and clearly said,"What's that?" She amazes me sometimes with how much she understands and how much she is just like any 4 year old child.
 I was so excited just a couple of weeks ago when I saw that she had colored all over the side of my refrigerator and she left her "Artwork" on my living room wall and down the hallway wall.I was excited because I remembered her oldest brother doing a similar thing at four years old,he colored all over the wall in my hallway. When I saw Ruby's 'artwork' for a brief second I felt a little irritated,then I started laughing and smiling because I realized she did what many other four year old children do.
 I'm so thankful the Lord gave her to me.She makes me appreciate the small things,she gives me patience.

4 comments:

Sabrina Steyling said...

Such a little love! :)

Heather said...

She is so amazing. I sometimes get a jolt into reality when I hear what other little loves are doing that are much younger then Miss Z. Sometimes, for just a moment, I am sad that she got hit so very hard. And then the next moment, I see with crystal clarity that Zoey is just who she was meant to be. Perfect in every sense of the word.

We do breakfast for dinner all the time. Strawberry pancakes, banana pancakes and the boys favorite, chocolate chip pancakes. Fruit and some chicken sausage and sometimes, it doesn't get any better then that!

So excited for the doll to arrive at her new home! Hoping she will love her's as much as zoey does.

JC said...

Ah artwork...Yes, we have it all over our house as well! lol...Ruby sounds just like any four year old I know!

We like to have pancakes for supper here too :)

JaybirdNWA said...

I agree with you. It has been a learning experience for us also the fact that our John is more like our other children and is just acting like any other toddler. I am finding that as we go along in this journey of raising a child with Ds, I am less worried about his future and learning to adjust to his time schedule of learning.