Saturday, March 5, 2011

Unlocking potential of kids with Down syndrome | SouthCoastToday.com

One of the mother's in this news article had a nurse that was the mother to a child with Down syndrome. That nurse was able to go into the hospital room and give encouragement to the new mom.I wish that someone like this had been available to me when I was in the hospital after having Ruby. I'm thinking of contacting local hospitals and letting them know I would be available to talk with parents who have a new diagnosis of Down syndrome.
I think this is a good article for someone who is expecting a child with Down syndrome.



Unlocking potential of kids with Down syndrome | SouthCoastToday.com

2 comments:

Heather said...

I think that is a wonderful idea!You would be such a great source of support and guidance and Ruby would be an inspiration .... she is amazing!

Cheryl said...

Thank you for your encouraging words!!