Sunday, October 23, 2011

God's Measurement



God's Measurement

by Linda Romblum


When God measures our worth - it's said

He places the tape, "round the heart not the head."

This thought brings comfort now to me

Concerning my son, for you see

He's not learning as he should,

All the testing and therapies - still not good.

At age 5, developmentally he's between 1 and 2.



He likes many people on this Earth

By most human values, the lesser worth.

"Handicapped", "Disabled" they're thought of.

But not so labeled by a God of love.

For who knows the worth of a human soul?

The total story is yet to unfold.

Our loving Father has a plan for everyone,

And I believe-Yes! for my son! Through a glass dimly, now I can't see.

Just what the future is going to be.

But by faith day by day, God leads me on.

His peace and power help keep me strong.

I sometimes feel a failure - trying to teach my son.



So often, I feel that Andrew, he's the one

Teaching me, -of life and faith, and depth of love

As if a lesson came from above.



His intellect may be small -

But, oh his heart says it all!

So now I pass this message on to you.

It's very plain what we can do.

Value every soul on Earth

As through God's eyes, give them worth.

Care for those who need a helping hand,

Meet their needs if you can,



The joy you'll find in such giving

Makes life much more worth the living.

And too, it will last when life is 'ore.

And we gather upon eternity's shore.

For God measures our worth - each one,

When life here on Earth is done.

And he places the tape, - I've heard it said,

" Around the heart, and not the head"





1 Samuel 16:7


7 But the LORD said to Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature,
 because I have refused him. For the LORD does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.”



1 Corinthians 13:12

12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part;
but then shall I know even as also I am known.


































No comments: