Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sunday Verse/In need of comfort

I haven't done a Sunday Verse in a long time so I thought I would do one today.I'm sick with yet another cold and  had to miss church this morning and Ruby is still sleeping so I have a few minutes to sit down at the computer.
Last week my husband found out that after working for 18 years at the company he's at he will be getting layed off in October.We are blessed that at least he will have employment for another few months but it is a little scary to think that in a few months we will have no more employment ,and we will miss the wonderful medical and dental insurance that we have.We still have 8 children at home to take care of and little miss Ruby with her disability.
I have been looking through scriptures for verses of comfort and here are some that I have found :

Psalm 34:17
The righteous cry,and the Lord heareth,and delivereth them out of all there troubles.

Isaiah 41:10
Fear thou not ; for I am with thee : be not dismayed ; for I am thy God : I will strengthen thee ; yea, I will help thee ; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Psalm 34:4
I sought the Lord ,and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.

Matthew 6:34
Take therefore no thought for the morrow : for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself.Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

1 Samuel 2:7,8
The Lord maketh poor,and maketh rich : he bringeth low,and lifteth up.
He raiseth up the poor out of the dust,and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill,to set them among princes,and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth are the Lord's, and he hath set the world upon them.

Psalm 68:19
Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation.Selah

Psalm 94:19
In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul.


There are many,many more wonderful verses of comfort in the Bible,so many that I cannot include them all here.Just writing these few out has been a blessing to me this morning .I hope they are a blessing to you also.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Cheryl,
I pray for comfort for you all, and spirit of hope. Our family has gone through several unemployments, and each one has brought us even closer together.
Rely on God to bring you through this challenge.

Looking Up said...

Our God is greater.....Prayers for you & your family.