Saturday, October 2, 2010

My Little Candle Holder

Last Saturday I went to a pottery class and learned how to form a little clay pot with my hands.At first I wasn't really sure what I wanted to make and then I decided to make a crayon holder for my kids.So I made a little pot that looks like a mug without a handle.
Today I went back to the class and took my little pot that I had burnished at home.I put a layer of  baby oil and then a finish called terra sig and  began to rub it to a shine.While I was rubbing and shining I was talking to the other ladies at the class and then realised,uh,oh,my pot just broke.I looked and a u-shaped piece had broken out of the side.My heart fell a little as I thought about the crayon holder that wasn't to be and then I thought well it will make a nice candle holder.So I put some terra sig on the broken place and rubbed it to a shine and now it will be put in a kiln to be prepared for Friday when we will be having a pit burning for our pottery.I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

My little crayon holder ,turned candle holder, made me think how God can use us even when we are broken ,and  how His light can shine forth from us to shine upon others.

Some may see my daughter Ruby as a broken pot,not good for anything,but God has formed her and finished her and she has a beautiful light that shines from within .Her light shines out and brings beauty and joy to our family and to others who choose to see.

5 comments:

Heather said...

And our job,our responsibility and what God has called us to do, is to spread that light and hope and pray,along the way, that people will be willing to see it.

Beautiful post.

Anonymous said...

This is a BEAUTIFUL post!♥

Rochelle said...

Beautiful post!

Not a Perfect Mom said...

anyone who thinks they "see" Ruby as a broken pot are truly blind...

To Love Endlessly said...

I love this post!